Hi Maddie.
Today is a big day! It's your first day of school! You're such a big girl.
Our morning started at 2:00 on the nose when you woke me up with your "I'm hungry, feed me now" cry. We went downstairs like we always do. I warmed a bottle, changed your diaper and we sat on the sofa while you drank your bottle half asleep and I watched "The Real Housewives of Orange County". By the time you read this you won't know what that is...just know it's a whole bunch of catty women on a reality show. Mommy loves that kind of trashy reality TV. Anyway, where were we? Oh yes...our morning. You drank your bottle so fast I didn't get through the entire show and I laid you back down at 2:40. You went back to sleep after a quick cry. I came back in to rock you for a quick minute and laid you back down. I went back to bed and laid watching you on the video monitor. Flapping your arms and kicking your legs like you always do. The video timed out which turned the screen off leaving only the sound on and I listened to you thinking to myself that today is the day. The day my baby goes to school.
I laid in bed and thoughts just raced through my head. What to dress you in...what blankee to give you so you would be comfortable. I wanted to send you with your little snuggle bunny. How would Daddy and I get all three of us ready and out the door on time...thoughts raced...
You cried at 5:45. I went in to get you up and your were sleeping. I went back to bed and Daddy woke me up at 6:10. Already ten minutes late! Whoops! Here's a secret...Mommy has been getting to sleep late or take naps for ten weeks! Waking up at 6:10 was rough! Anyway, I got you up and changed your diaper, dressing you in comfortable clothes. Daddy got up, made your bottle, coffee and fed Wilson and we met in the living room where Daddy fed you allowing Mommy to get ready. I was running late but had enough time to kiss you on your big day while you laid on Daddy's chest and gave Daddy strict instructions..."If for any reason he didn't feel comfortable dropping you off at daycare he was to pack you up and run!"
I made it to work on time. Daddy called at 8:30 or so and told me he dropped you off. I asked him all kinds of questions and then I asked him if it was hard leaving you. There was a long pause, I could tell he was choked up and he said "Yeah, it was." Surprisingly, your Daddy took it harder than I did.
I decided to go home from work and get some errands done before picking you up. I heard your Daddy come home. He was looking for you. I told him that I hadn't picked you up yet and asked him if he wanted to go. "Heck yeah!" He said. So we both went to get you.
We saw you sitting in a bouncer perfectly content when we opened the door. You didn't even take your eyes off of it when we talked to you. I talked to the teacher (Bridget) and Daddy scooped you up! You were in an outfit that I had never seen before. It turns out you had "blowout diarrhea" and peed on two other outfits! You were in a onezie that belonged to the school! Your fourth outfit of the day my little friend! We loaded you up and took you home. I put you on your activity mat and you laid there batting at your toys and stayed on it perfectly content and entertained for the longest you had ever done so! What a day one day of school makes. We ate dinner, fed you a bottle. You slept in my arms for a while and then a bath and bottle and it was bed time. I think you would have slept through the night for the first time but Daddy was worried and woke you up at 3 to feed you. You were all tuckered out after school!
Monday, March 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment