Thursday, March 17, 2011

Your second month!

Happy two month birthday Maddie!  












 I feel like we just brought you home from the hospital a couple of weeks ago.  You are no longer the teeny tiny little newborn but a growing girl.  As much as I hate to see you grow I love it at the same time.  I am slowly rounding the corner from getting sad when I think of how fast you are growing to being happy.  I am excited for all of the neat things you have started doing and will do.  I miss your teeny tinyness but to be honest there just isn't that much to do with you.  I still read to you and put you on your activity mat but I am soooo looking forward to doing more with you.  You had some big milestones this last month and I can't wait for next.


You have been the best addition to Daddy's life and my life.  I told your Daddy today that you fit like a puzzle piece into our lives.  You belong, it's like you have been a part of us forever.  I am head over heels in love with you.  I hope that I can provide you with all that you need to be the best woman you can be.  I love you.



BABY STATS:


SLEEP: 
Not much has changed in this department.  You are still sleeping about 3-4 hour stretches.  Daddy and I still have the same routine.  I feed you a bottle before I go to bed.  He takes the feeding at midnight or so when you wake up.  Then I take the 3:30 or 4:30 feeding depending on when you wake up and then he takes the morning feeding.  It's a schedule that works for now but I am worried about going back to work and having to get up really early and what that will do.  Daddy and I are completely open and ready for you to sleep in longer stretches!  Surprise us anytime!  In other news we installed a mobile on your crib and you love it!  You love to watch the little critters go round and round.








Daily Routine:

Daddy usually get's up with you unless he needs some extra sleep or I am already half awake and then I offer to go get you.  Sometimes when you wake up super early I will go lay on the sofa with you on my chest instead of making you a bottle and we will snooze for a couple or a few more hours.  We sleep well on the sofa.  I put pillows around us so you can't fall but you never move.  It takes you a while to get situated sometimes but eventually you find a comfortable spot and nestle in and we drift off to dreamland together.  I love this time with you and I love getting that extra little bit of sleep too.




For some reason you sleep just fine at nights in your crib without a pacifier but you will not sleep in it for day time naps.  I wish you would!  The problem is your dear paci.  You see...you are so sensitive to your paci that if it falls out you wake up.  You only take your paci during the day so this is the problem with nap time.  You manage to sleep in your bouncy seat or your crib just fine because I am there to put the paci back in but I can't run upstairs to put it back in every time so that's the problem.  I am hoping that daycare will help with this.  Maybe you will learn to take naps in a crib there and not have your paci replaced every time you drop it and we will make some progress in this department.  Mommy has tried to let you cry for the paci after you drop it and see if you would fall to sleep but what ends up happening is you get really mad and skip your nap and then you are off your schedule for the next day...seriously!  Mommy shouldn't put your paci back in but A.) she hates to see you cry and B.) sometimes it's easier to stick it in. Oops!






You LOVE your paci!  But I am still hoping to teach you to suck your thumb...here's a picture of one of our attempts.  I think you're catching on!








After you wake up we feed you and sometimes we change you out of your sleeper into daytime clothes but sometimes we just change sleepers and let you lounge all day depending on what we are doing that day.  Sometimes Mommy gives you a bath if you need one and other times she waits for Daddy to get home.  You still sleep a lot so Mommy tries to make the best use of your awake time by taking a walk with you in your stroller or reading to you or playing with you on your activity mat when I'm not talking to you and trying to get smiles out of you!  Sometimes we take pictures too.  Some days we make a list of things Mommy needs to do and go run errands.  You are SUCH a trooper too. You've only had one slight meltdown at a kids store and that was just because you were still hungry after Mommy fed you in the car and was out of formula.  Other than that, you're an easy partner to shop with!  I love having your company.  I love it when people comment on you too!  I am so proud to show you off when people comment.  I simply love it. 


At night Daddy comes home and you usually sit on the counter in your bouncy seat while we eat dinner.  Sometimes you sleep during dinner.  Then we feed you a bottle and play or put you to bed depending on whether or not you are tired. 


FEEDING:
Well you are eating about every 3-4 hours 4-5 ounces per feedings. By the way...your favorite thing to look at while eating (besides your wonderful mommy of course) is the ceiling fan.








Weight:  
At birth: 7lbs 1 oz
2 months: 11.14 lbs (79th percentile)


Length: 
At birth: 20.25 inches
2 months:  22.75 inches (67th percentile)
 Diaper Size:
 Well we FINALLY upgraded to size . You have a tiny little bottom, thankfully we were able to use up all the newborns and now we are going through size ones like crazy.
Clothes Size:
Your newborn clothes are packaged up and put away.
 Mainly 0-3 months


Hair Color:
At birth: dark brown
Currently: light brown 



Eye color:
At birth: dark blue

2 months: blue
Funniest moment :
Daddy and I laugh every time you pass gas or fill your diaper but some of the funniest toots are when your diaper is off and you rip one out loud uncovered!  We laugh so hard!  Another funny moment was when I was feeding you in the middle of the night a couple of weeks ago.  You were trying to fill your diaper and squirming while you drank your bottle totally restless.  Then you let out a big scream, filled your diaper with a big poop and then cried.  I don't know if it scared you or if it hurt but to scream, poop and cry was - I have to admit - funny.


Milestone: 
Turn your head to noises or when you see us- just a few times so far but we love it.
Moving your arms and legs rapidly instead of keeping them in
Smiling at us-LOVE THIS ONE! 
Turn your head side to side when we hold you

Grab onto a toy
 


Your favorite toy: You still love the swing, and your bouncer. Well, actually you hated your bouncer for a couple of weeks and would arch your back when we placed you in it but we gave it a break and you don't mind it so much now.  You like your activity mat, and you have started batting at the things hanging off of it.  A co-worker of Mommy's gave you a singing dog toy at our shower the other day and you LOVE it.  The first time I played it for you, you smiled over and over.


Firsts:


First real smile
First giggle/coo while smiling
First time batting at a toy
First time sleeping in your crib -  5 weeks.




And here you are in your first dress.  You were the guest of honor at your own baby shower so you had to look special.  My co-workers had a shower planned for the week after you were born which was before your due date but since Miss Maddie decided to come early it was postponed and you attended!  So wonderful!  You received a lot of wonderful gifts.


Thank you again baby for being you. We cherish every memory with you and are so so proud of you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment