Tuesday, March 1, 2011

5 Weeks

Dear Maddie,


Last week was a big week for you.  A lot happened!  First and foremost, you started sleeping in your crib!  You're doing very well.  It's much the same as sleeping in your bassinet.  The only part we are struggling with is getting you to hang on to that darn paci!  We would put you down with it in and tuck you in, walk down the hall and get in bed and the next thing we knew we were back in your room putting the paci back in!  Well, my dear...today I bought you a pacimal.  A little stuffed animal with a pacifier attached so you can hang on to it better.  We just got home and you are testing it out now.  I think it's working!  You're such a big girl in your crib.


Last Friday you and I had lunch with Great Grandma Darlene!  It's hard getting her out of her apartment but we managed.  We took her to Chili's for lunch.  I could hardly get a word out of her and was failing miserably at making conversation as you slept through the meal.  I asked her if I could feed you at her apartment after lunch to which she responded her typical unenthusiastic "I guess...".  Well, we got to her apartment.  I changed your diaper and you woke up while I made a bottle and the next thing I knew...she lit up!  She rocked you and was all smiles.  I was going to feed you and go but she was so happy I couldn't leave.  Two hours later I peeled you out of her arms and we finally went home!  We are going to go back soon.  Next time, we will skip lunch and head straight to her apartment!














You had your first Parents as Teachers appointment last Thursday.  Julie, a teacher, came to our house and you, me and Daddy got some insight on how to make you the best and brightest star.  We are doing well so far.  Julie suggested we show you black and white images so you could focus easily.  I made you some black and white images that I printed from the computer for your crib and changing table.  You love to look at these. 






We also started tummy time.  I put you on your tummy a few times a day to strengthen your back and neck.  You are doing really well.  The best part is that letting you sleep on my chest counts as tummy time so we have already logged tens of hours because you absolutely love sleeping on my chest as well as Daddy's.  We love it to.  Sometimes you fall asleep on my chest and Daddy will say "Will you put her on my chest?"  So I carefully transfer you while you sleep soundly from my chest to his.  When sleeping in your crib is difficult because you keep dropping your paci I lay down and let you sleep on me.  Two to three hours later I can gt up and do things around the house but while you lay on me, it's cuddle time.  It's a good thing they say it's impossible to spoil a baby before 6 months!  Julie is coming back in April.  We are anticipating a lot of progress before she gets here!


We also bought a new sofa and a rocking chair to match for our office.  This way I can rock you more.  I love to rock you.  I love to scoop you up and cuddle with you while you look at me or drift to sleep.  It's so sweet.






Saturday night we took you to Daddy's friends house.  They just had a baby right before you were born.  Her name is Sammy.  She is the exact opposite of you.  She's a crier!  You were so laid back that night as usual and Sammy cried and cried to the point Daddy and I told you not to get any ideas!  Sammy is a cute little girl though and I think you two will be friends one day.


We had a big storm last night and it blew the fence down in the back yard.  Daddy was sitting up with you and I was in bed.  I heard him come running upstairs.  He told me the fence blew down and we needed to get to the basement.  I rushed out of bed and downstairs in a panic wanting to make sure you were okay only to find you sleeping soundly on the sofa where I left you.  The storm had passed at this point so we all stayed up together for your next feeding at midnight and then we all went to bed.  Daddy built this fence for your Grandma's 85th birthday and worked so hard on it.  He was so upset to see it ruined.  I was too but I was a typical Mom and was thankful that the two of you were okay.




Well, I have to tell you that I am loving being a Mommy.  Your Mommy.  I feel that is what I was put on this earth for.  I was meant to have you and look after you and I love every minute we spend together.  I look at you and want to curl up and nestle into your soul like you have done in mine.  You have the sweetest disposition and these eyes that absolutely mesmerize me.  You and I locked eyes this morning and I swear you didn't blink for a full minute while we gazed at each other.  I started crying.  For so long I waited to see your eyes and I still can't believe my daughter is here and staring at me.  You are so perfect and I just can't believe it get's any better than this.






Here are a few photos I took of you one morning while Daddy was at work.   Some pictures of you with your favorite...your pacifier.  And a picture of you sucking your thumb.  I would love for you to start sucking your thumb so I can stop playing plug the pacifier! 












































Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment