Spring is here and we have celebrated by going outside at any opportunity! It's great to see you enjoy the outdoors. We take many walks around our circle we live on and we take Wilson to the dog park too. The whole family gets to enjoy nice days!
You have started taking steps! You have taken a couple by yourself and are getting braver when it comes to holding hands and walking. Up until yesterday you would just plop down when we tried to get you to walk with our help. I think you are cautious but are starting to figure out that you will be able to get places faster by walking! You are on the verge of walking, I can feel it!
You are talking up a storm too. You started saying "bye-bye, bye-bye" and waving a couple of weeks ago and you say "up" now. You can tell me what several animals say too. The monkey says "ooh-ohh-ohh-ohh", the lion says "roar", the duck says "twak-twak", the dog says "wuf-wuf". Okay some of your sounds don't sound like the sounds the animals, or I make but I know what you are saying and it's so much fun to have conversations with you about things I have taught you! You say "Ya-hee" when you see Wilson the doggy. Daddy and I love that one! You still aren't saying Mama but you say "Da-Da" like you two are in some exclusive club! Everything for a while was Da-Da. Pictures were Da-Da, at home and at school you would point to ANY picture and say "Da-Da".
Temper - WHOA! I had no idea that my sweet little baby could get so angry. A boy bit you at school about a month ago and that taught you how to bite. You then bit a boy on his finger at school while sitting in a stroller. I couldn't believe my child was the biter! Ahhh!!! We had never seen you bite before. That night we saw you bite your plate at dinner when you got frustrated. Then one night later you bit your toy and then...you bit YOU! You bit your ankle! Daddy and I both saw you and couldn't believe it! You got frustrated and bit your ankle, shook your head while you bit it, and left teeth marks! Last night I was giving you a bath and you kept handing me a toy and wanting me to do something with it. I tried doing anything with it I could think you may want me to do and handing it to you afterwards and you would grunt and hand it back. Finally you started throwing it back or into the tub wall and then...you guessed it...you bit it!
You don't bite everytime you get mad but you certainly let us know whether it's swiping your hands back and forth to show your disinterest or arching your back in your highchair. It's hard being your age. You have so many wants yet you have so few words to express those wants.
Picture time!
We put soft quilts on cold hard concrete and sit to enjoy soft breezes. You bang on windows and scream excitedly at the sound it makes and your own reflection.
We got you a wagon to celebrate the nice weather. It's been wonderful to take you for rides as you wave like you're Miss America and smile! You love your wagon and point to it when you see it in the garage, asking to go for a ride without saying a word!
You my dear, are standing on your own! You love to sit on steps which are perfectly suited for your small stature. You go from sitting to standing and are so proud of yourself when you stand with no hands. You smile and clap your hands and we celebrate togeher.
You love standing at the bathtub and watching it fill. This is one of my favorite pictures EVER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness - that naked picture is to die for! What is it about naked baby butts??? :)
ReplyDelete