Tuesday, January 1, 2013

22 months - part 2

Oh boy, Maddie.  Oh boy.  So many pictures to share with you.  I had completed your 22 month post a few days ahead of schedule but so much happened that I had to make a part 2!  


I took this picture of your video monitor the day before the house was packed and moved.  It makes me sad to look back at you in the very room I created just for you, knowing it's someone elses now.  BUT!  I am looking forward to creating a brand new room just for you when we move to our new place.

Thanksgiving...




The day after Thanksgiving I drove our car to Chicago with Wilson in the back seat and followed Daddy in a moving truck.  It was a long drive and I had a lot of time to think.  I was so scared.  I had never moved a family before.  I had never been a stay at home Mom.  I had never lived in a big city.  I cried when I saw the Chicago skyline.  I felt so small compared to the city and had no idea how I would find my way around and get you acclimated.  You only knew life in St. Louis.  you had your friends, and your school and the parks and other fun places we frequented.  How would I get you adjusted in a month before the baby came?  I worried.


Poor Wilson.  So confused and on his first car trip.  He puked and I had to pull off the highway to clean it up.



What a mess and a lot of hard work.  I worked so hard to get us settled and to make this teeny tiny apartment a home for our family.


A depressed Wilson with his e-collar on.



There's always time for rice!  You love your rice box!



Maddie loves her bubble and has recently taken an interest in babies.







Your first train ride on the "L" to visit Daddy at his new office.  You love the "choo-choo" now.  We can hear it from our house and see it from the front yard.  You say "choo-choo coming".





Maddie loves wuh-wuh.





A week or two into our new apartment I noticed you had a rash all over your body.  I gave you some benadryl and put you to bed a little bit later.  A half hour later your Daddy and I were cracking up watching you on the video monitor because you were bouncing off the walls!  Benadryl has the opposite affect on you that it does most children.  You were so crazy that we brought you out of your room and let you play in our bed for a half hour.  The video is so funny!






Waiting to see the Doctor the next morning.  You had a viral rash.  




The first couple of days as a stay at home Mom were rough.  I needed to get the apartment liveable and situated and had a lot to do.  I quickly learned that if I didn't get you out and about each day or actively engaged in activities you got cranky and whiny.  From that point forward we had plans for each day.










We decorated a gingerbread house.  I knew you were pretty young to do this and you really didn't get into it.  But it was important that we sat down together and did an activity.  I'm looking forward to next year when we can try this again.


A couple of pictures of Maddie hanging off the headboard of Mommy and Daddy's bed the night she took benadryl!!!!




So cool in your sunglasses!







We were driving down Lincoln one day and found a park!  We had to stop and explore!



Tired baby.

Waiting to see Daddy on the Christmas train.  Maddie loves her mama wee-wee and her baby wee-wee!  They have replaced her lovey bunnies as her favorites to snuggle with!






Look!  Another park!  We stopped at this one, too!

















Our favorite thing to do right now.  Decorate Mommies belly and legs with stickers!




Before we went to Explore and Much More we had to take some pictures and make silly faces!







A break for lunch after Explore and Much More.  Mmmmmm....maple biscuits!






Another Park.  We found this one while on a walk and we loved seeing the squirrels and all of the airplanes overhead!






We made fruit loop bracelets with pipe cleaners to practice our fine motor skills!







Another favorite activity....painters tape on your art table.  Keeps you occupied for a half hour at least, everytime!



Maddie received a pillow pet that lights up in the mail today.  She loves it.








One of our hang outs.  Little beans cafe.  It's an indoor play cafe' where you can escape the cold and play.






Wilson wasn't feeling good one day and you pampered him with your boo-boo buddy on his sore spots and laid with him on the sofa.


A wee-wee under each arm and sound asleep.





What better way to pass time on the choo-choo than stickers!?!


My sweet, sweet Maddie.



















We went to Shedds Aquarium one day and saw so many fish and turtles.  You were in heaven.  We even saw Penguins!  We stopped for a cookie and some milk and then made it home for lunch and nap.






One other thing we have been doing is visiting schools for you to attend.  This is the one we have chosen for you.  It's called the little green tree house and you made yourself right at home.  It hasn't opened yet and we are anxiously awaiting your first day there.


One of my favorite ways to see you...smiling and free on a swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment