Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful Thanksgiving

The thirty things I am grateful for this Thanksgiving...one for each day.

  1. I am grateful for you, my daughter, Madelyn who has brought be joy that I have never known.  I love you so much.  I am constantly amazed and intrigued by you.  You are smart and beautiful, you are funny and sweet, you are my sunshine.
  2. I am grateful for your Daddy, my husband who is always the perfect counterpart.  He is many things that I am and many things that I am not and that is what makes "us" work.  He makes me laugh, makes me whole, makes me feel lucky, makes me...me.  He is funny, caring, intelligent, opinionated, truthful, honorable, dedicated, gentle, thoughtful, a people person, a good friend, a listener, Madelyn, you are lucky to have him as a father.
  3. I am grateful to be a Mommy.  It's the single greatest thing that has happened to me in my life.  I see life differently through your eyes, life is more beautiful and more meaningful.
  4. I am grateful for our dog, Wilson, who is the perfect dog.  He brings joy to our family and is such a gentle and loving dog.  I love that he is so good with you and I love that you love him.  You climb on him and tug on him, smacking him in the face at times and stealing his tennis ball at other times and he lets you.
  5. I am grateful for our home.  I am grateful to have a roof over our heads especially in this economy.  It's a beautiful home filled with love, laughter and memories, too.
  6. I am grateful for the jobs that Daddy and I have.  Our jobs have stress but it allows us to live comfortably.
  7. I am grateful that we have food on our table.  A lot of people are going without food right now.
  8. I am grateful for our health.  Madelyn, you have been a sick baby so far in your little life but I am grateful it's nothing serious and that you are generally healthy aside from common colds, ear infections and viruses.
  9. I am grateful for our extended family.
  10. I am grateful for your new school.  I am glad we have the ability to put you in a nice school with teachers that love you and a curriculum that educates you and allows you to have fund while I work.  You are learning so much and are so smart and happy.
  11. I am grateful for creativity which is my outlet in life.  I am looking forward to the craft studio I am building us and the fun times that we will share together painting and crafting.
  12. I am grateful for the holidays this year.  I am looking forward to our first holiday's together as a family, especially Christmas.
  13. I'm grateful for books.  I love reading to you and seeing your face light up when I show you one of your favorite books.
  14. I'm grateful for music.  I love to sing to you whether it be to calm you down, to redirect your attention or for fun. 
  15. I'm grateful that I have all of my senses.  Being a parent wouldn't be the same without one of them.  I love to touch your skin and give you tickles as you take your bottle.   I love to watch you explore and experience new things, to listen to your beautiful noises as you learn to talk, to see you touch a texture or taste a new food.
  16. I am grateful for rocking chairs.  I love to rock you and feel you sink further and further into my arms as you drift to sleep. 
  17. I'm grateful for th fall leaves this year, they were beautiful and bright.
  18. I'm grateful for the dog park that opened this summer in our neighborhood and all of the joy we have experienced from it as a family. 
  19. I'm grateful for technology.  The ability to write to you on this blog and print it into a book, the ability to search the internet for questions I have about raising a baby or craft projects.  Technology is incorporated into so many of your toys and things you use on a daily basis that make our lives so much easier as parents.
  20. I'm grateful for freedom.  There are many in the world without freedom.  We are so fortunate to be born in this country.
  21. I'm grateful for color.  It's everywhere.  I love to dress you in bright colors and color makes your toys and books so enjoyable.
  22. I'm thankful for memories.  No one can ever take those away from us.
  23. I'm grateful for pictures.  I rarely took pictures before I became a parent.  I love surrounding myself with pictures, placing them all over our home.  They make our house a home.
  24. I'm grateful for beautiful days.  Those days that I wish I could savor and put in my pocket, for the days I think to myself, this is the perfect temperature, or this is the perfect breeze.
  25. I'm grateful for the not-so-beautiful days because you have to have those to enjoy the beautiful ones and because even on the most dreary of days I still have my health and my family.
  26. I'm grateful to be fortunate enough to own two cars.  That is a luxury these days as little as we think about it.
  27. I'm grateful for laughter.  It's one of the best things in the world.  To be able to laugh is a gift.
  28. I'm grateful for naps.  Whether it be taking one myself which I love to do or putting you down for a nap, which you enjoy and seeing your face light up afterwards feeling well rested, I believe they are important and wonderful.
  29. I'm grateful for Doctors and Medicine.   They brought you into this world and take care of us, allowing us to live our lives better and get better when we feel down or yucky.
  30. I'm grateful for today and every day that I wake up. 


I have more to be grateful for than I ever imagined I could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment