Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Your seventh month







Dear Madelyn,

Your seventh month has been the most fun yet!  I have really enjoyed the fact that you sit up and reach more than I ever thought I would.  When we are together, it's more like we are hanging out and having fun than just me watching a baby.  When you were only able to lay around it got a little boring, I won't lie!  We hang out, play, read, learn and laugh. I should add that I am learning too.  There's so much to learn being a Mother, like when to introduce different foods to you and things like how to introduce juice in sippy cups.  I'm becoming a better person just having you in my life. You are this beautiful innocent little spirit and I am so proud to know that you are mine. 

Here are your updates this month!

Dr.'s appointments-
We had a few this month.  You just weren't feeling well and I was persistent and kept taking you back to the Dr.  You were prescribed a nebulizer finally after they heard weezing.  You had a nagging cough and runny nose for a few weeks.  The hardest part about the Dr. is that you know now what the Dr. is and cry when you they get close to you and I guess keeping you entertained while waiting for the Dr. is a close second.  I have to let you play with the germy toys sometimes...I get desperate!



Teeth: Still only two teeth on the bottom.  You love to sink them into my arms and sometimes my face.  You open your mouth really big and chomp down on my arms blowing raspberries while sinking your teeth in and leaving a big puddle of drool on my skin when you are done.

Sleep: Your naps are awesome.  Your teachers at school said that you and Daniel are the two best napping babies!  Way to go Maddie!  You usually take two to three a day without fuss.  I think you are working out of your afternoon nap.  You fuss when we lay you down for this one.  Night times are a little not-so-fun right now.  You are in the habit of waking up for a bottle because we fed you bottles while you were sick last month to help get you back to sleep each night and well...we are paying for it!  The Nurse practitioner, Jane, recommended that we not give you bottles at night anymore but I tell you that's easier said than done.  Last night I listened to you cry for over half an hour and felt helpless.   You finally fell asleep but I was wide awake after that and couldn't fall asleep myself.  You woke up again and I just couldn't take the crying anymore so I gave in and fed you a bottle the next time.  I had work in the morning and was half asleep at my desk and in my meetings!  Our family vacation to Florida wasn't any better.  You were sick while we were down there and woke up multiple times a night.  Once we got back home, however, you started sleeping through the nights again.  Go figure!



A picture taken of your video monitor.  Before nap time you will often do the "splits" touching both sides of your crib with your toes.



You're the best little napper.

This was taken in our rental car in Florida.  Daddy and I were less than impressed with the construction of this car seat.
Food: You are doing so well with food.  The teachers at school are very impressed!  This month you had cabbage, green beans, carrots, avacado-banana, apple-pear, peas, peach-plum and pumpkin!  You are loving all of it.  I am mixing in apple-pear with your oatmeal too.  I always know when you are done eating because you start blowing raspberries! 




Sitting Up: You have your Daddy's sense of balance, that's for sure.  You fall over very seldom.  You are really starting to reach and even scoot a little.  It's so much fun watching you learn and explore.  You are even sitting in the shopping cart now AND you have a big girl car seat in the now! No more pumpkin seat for you!
You are really growing up love bug.  I love pushing you around in the shopping cart and I even sing our special song as we stroll up and down the aisles.  I sing "You are my sunshine" and you smile and when I lean in you touch my mouth and hold my face as I sing.  This song makes you smile and most of the time it makes you stop crying no matter how upset you are.  It's the very sweetest thing.  I love that you turn around backwards in the cart while riding so you can see where you are going.  You love to look around at the aisles and people as we zoom by.

Sign Language: You are waving hello now!  Sometimes you just raise your hand instead of waving.  You raise your hand near your head and pause.  It's so cute!  You definitely recognize the sign for milk, you even started giving the sign, we just have to get you to understand what it means and we will be set!  When I do it and ask "Do you want some milk?"  you smile and get all excited!  When you do it, you look at your hand in amazement.  You started giving the sign while at Grandma Shirley's in Florida and must have done it 100 times a day.

Wilson- A dog park opened on our street this month and not only did Wilson love it but you did too.  The weather was so beautiful for so many days that we took daily walks there with Wilson. 











Sometimes when I play with you I get a look from Wilson that makes me feel guilty for not playing with him too!

Car seats- We ditched the pumpkin seat and got you a big girl car seat!  You are getting so big you barely fit in your baby carrier!  Here are the last pictures of you in your baby carrier.




Thus, without a baby seat any more you get to ride in the grocery cart now!


The scariest part about giving up your baby seat for me was relinquishing the comfort of knowing I had a back up plan.  If you were tired I could put you in it while we were out and let you sleep or rock you in it.  Now, I only had myself to rock you and hold you.  But you were awesome.  It was never an issue.

By the way, see those bare feet up there in that last picture?  Daddy and I let you go all summer without wearing shoes or socks and now that fall is here you HATE shoes and socks and rub your feet together until shoes and socks are off!


General Temperament: Little Miss Madelyn is a queen around our house (or so you think). You have developed quite the personality.  You laugh constantly and cry when you don't like something.  You're learning how to show your preferences!  I love it!  You don't like being strapped into anything...stroller, car seat, high chair.  You cry at first but by the time you are strapped in you are fine.  It's funny...when I try to put you in your car seat you won't bend your legs and stand in it!  You also aren't afraid to let us know when you don't like where we put you, for instance your bouncer.  You squeal like a little piglet when we put you in there and we know it's only minutes before you cry or scream.  It may be time to get you a walker.  I think you want a little more freedom. The laughing is constant when you aren't crying and the cooing and babbling is high pitched and the new noises you are making now crack us up.  When you see us you smile so big and reach out for us with one hand.  It is so cute and it's so fun to see you recognize us and want us to come to you.  My very favorite moment is arriving to pick you up at your school to see you recognize me when I open the door.  You start laughing and smiling and bouncing up and down while sitting on the floor reaching out for me.  So sweet at the end of a work day, exactly what I needed every time.







Once you started feeling better we could take you out.  We had our first meal out at our favorite island restaurant, The Crazy Flamingo. 

Night time Routine:  Nothing has changed here.  You still go to bed very easily.

Playtime: You love your dragon and the little balls that make noise with the dragon.  You love books too, you have about a five minute attention span for books.  You love your dollie and both Sophie giraffes. You are very into blocks that are shaped to fit in holes.


 
You love your books, too.  Grandma Gurley and Baba were so amazed at how you pay attention to the books while I read them to you.



Travel:  You are quite the little traveler at only 7 months old!  We went to Marco Island to see Baba and Grandma and Grandpa Gurley and then over to Naples to see Mimi and Markie.  It was exciting to take you to Marco Island.  It's the place your Daddy and I love to vacation the most and the place we were married. 


At the airport on our way to Florida.


It wasn't the fun trip we had planned, however.  It started out with a trip to the emergency room on the second night we were there.  You had a 103.5 fever and you were so warm to the touch.  You really had us worried.




You were placed on tylenol and ibuprofen around the clock.  You stayed on it for a few days.  You were coughing and wheezing and we were giving you breathing treatments in between doses of medicine.  We also got an air purifier for you to help protect you from the humidity.  You slept most of the first few days and slowly started feeling better.  We were able to take you off of the Tylenol and Ibuprofen eventually but continued the breathing treatments every so often. 


We took many walks around the buliding.  You had a hard time falling to sleep.  I walked you around in your stroller and so did your Daddy.  Often taking turns and your Great Grandma walked you more than either of us!  Any time she heard you cry she would ask to walk you.  She hated hearing you cry. 


Feeling better but still not yourself.


First trip to the pool at Great Grandma's.



This little guy sat a couple feet away from us the entire pool stay.


You turned 8 months old while at Baba's (Grandma Shirley) home.

Madelyn, Your Great Grandma Shirley adores and loves you.  You two had a special bond.
 One of my favorite memories from our stay with Baba will always be the daily trips to the grocery store we took together.  She loved "marketing".  She would push you in the cart and stop every so often and lean in towards you and you would lean in towards her and you guys would touch foreheads and smile.  Shirley LOVED that and after a few times you would have a big dark circle on your forehead where her makeup rubbed off on you.

After the first few days at Baba's we went to Mimi and Marky's house in Naples and you started getting better.  After 11 days we only saw the pool 3 times and the beach once for a picture opportunity.

Weight:  

7 months:  20 lbs 2 oz

Length:
At birth: 20.25 inches
2 weeks: 19 3/4 inches (26th percentile) 
Not sure how you shrunk since birth!
2 months:  22.75 inches (67th percentile)
3 months: Not sure
6 months:  27.8 (94th percentile)
7 months:  Not sure

Diaper Size:
Size 3/4 .

Clothes Size:
9 month outfits! 


Hair Color:
At birth: dark brown
2 months: light brown 
3 months: lighter brown 
4 months: dirty blonde - so beautiful!  Mommy is jealous!
6 months: Blonde 
7 months:  Blondy!

Eye color:
At birth: dark blue
2 months: blue
3 months: lighter blue
4 months:  the prettiest blue I have ever seen.  Your Daddy says your eyes are prettier than his!  Now that's something!
6 months - Blue 
7 months - Blue/gray

Firsts-


Wilson...you love him and he loves you.  You reach for him now and look for him when his name is mentioned.




Swinging-This was your first time.  You loved it!  I love those cute chubby legs.









Reaching while sitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment