Dear Madelyn,
I can't believe you are six months old. Half a year you have been in our lives and half a year has changed our lives. For six months I have been trying to soak you in. I've been trying to capture every moment on camera, film every milestone, squeeze your little baby fat rolls as much as you would let me, breathe in your scent, and enjoy your littleness. I hold you while rocking you and try to remember the way you feel in my arms, the way your head falls when you fall asleep, the way your head pops up all of a sudden to look around. I sit and hold you and try to store these precious moments in my long term memory.
I look at the pictures above and sigh because as much as I have tried to take in every single individual moment...I already wish I could go back in time and experience parts of the last six months all over again yet, all I have are pictures and video. But then again, I look at the pictures above and I smile because my baby is growing up and I am enjoying her more every single day. I can even see her sitting in that chair one day as a little girl that walks and talks and sings and so much more.
You are the very sweetest little girl. You smile constantly, especially at your Daddy whom you love to make eye contact with. You ADORE him and he ADORES you. There's something between the two of you that is unique to just the two of you and it warms my heart to see what the two of you share. It's so special. You also share a special bond with Wilson. You love to see him, often you reach out for him and he will lick your hand...and your face! You love it when he barks and I have made a fool out of myself getting him to bark for you. For some reason when I bark, he barks, so Mommy barks a lot!

You can tell that he loves you when he is around you. He follows us around the house wherever we go and he is often near you.
Here are your updates this month!Teeth: You sprouted two teeth this month sweet girl! It's been causing you quite a bit of pain and I feel so bad for you! When I walked into your school to get you yesterday I could hear you crying before I even approached the room you were in. I opened the door and the teacher was holding you as you cried. You looked at me stopped crying, smiled really big and then SCREAMED bloody murder! It was cute but I knew your little gums hurt. This picture was taken after we got home. A second tooth came in a couple weeks later.
Sleep: You haven't been sleeping so well love bug. You were sleeping through the night for weeks in a row and lately you just can't seem to get comfortable and stay asleep. You've had a cold the last couple of weeks. In the beginning it was obvious your glands hurt because you would cry when you coughed. Now you just have a cough and I think you are teething again. The teacher at school said you were coughing a lot yesterday and you've been coughing a lot at night. I keep fearing that your RSV will come back. I made an appointment with the Dr. today. They say there isn't much that can be done for the common cold except tylenol and humidifiers but this has lasted way too long and you, me and your daddy are lacking sleep. Here we are at the Dr.'s office just a couple of weeks ago for your ears!
Having fun in the mirror!
Food: I puree all of your food and it's all organic. When we travel we buy your food but other than that we puree your food, freeze it in cubes and it's working really well. So far you have had broccoli, carrots, yams, apples, peaches, pears and bananas. I just made a new batch of pureed food for you too. It's full of healthy veggies and fruits with lots of vitamins. This batch we made cabbage, peas, green beans, plums and peaches. You have also started chewing on "Mum-Mums" which are rice crackers that you love and I have even given you some itsy bitsy pieces of banana and grape. You love these and it's priceless to watch your expressions while you eat these!
I bought these at Target one day and thought it would be a good first cracker for you because they disolve. You really love them.

So does Wilson. He finished your first few crackers.

I also took you to the store to get some new rubber bibs because you were shoving the cloth ones in your mouth! Here you are showing it off for Daddy who was out of town. We sent him a picture.
What ensemble would be complete without a hair bow-even if your ensemble is just a diaper!
Sitting Up: You sat up booger! YAY! I was so excited I got out the big camera and started snapping away! You are able to do so much more now that you can sit up! Watch out because next you're gonna crawl!
General Temperment: You are laid back and content. This is why you still haven't rolled over consistently. I believe you have only rolled over three times to this day! You still hate tummy time so we don't do it as much as we should. You smile all of the time and are such a joy to be around. You cry a lot when you first meet strangers or people you haven't seen in a while and don't remember. I always feel so bad for the other person and try to make sure they know it isn't them that's scary!
Night time Routine: We eat dinner together. We give you a bath every other night. Try to fit some reading in and then an 8 ounce bottle with a little rice in it. We just started that this month in hopes of helping you sleep through the night as you are still waking up hungry from time to time. After your bottle we lay you in bed with your mobile on, a paci in (although you usually take it out) we turn your sea horse on by pushing his belly and then we give you your bunny lovey to hold onto which you usually cuddle with or put over your face. I sometimes turn on lullaby music (Jewel - Lullabies). As soon as we close the door you flop like a fish from side to side, grab the bumper and try to get comfy. I think if you can ever sleep on your tummy you will be a happy camper.
Playing in your jammies. One of my favorite pairs with bunnies on the feet!
Love it when you hold your feet!
So sweet!
Your bunny that I sometimes call your lovey.
You sleep with your face in the bumper. We were told bumpers are bad and cause SIDS but when the bumper wasn't on you would wake up with your whole legs hanging out of the crib and cry. We go in your room and pull you back after you fall asleep. We also keep a fan on your crib for air circulation.
After we pulled you back from the bumper.
Look who can sit up in her bath tub now!
Soaking in your tub!
Sometimes we take walks after a bath and jammies are put on if it's nice out.
Playtime: We like to put a blanket on the floor in the living room and dump all of your toys out!
Always taking the paci out or putting it back in. Sometimes you put it in backwards. I love watching you figure it out. We help sometimes when you put it in sideways, backwards or upside down!

Giggling. Usually caused by tickles!
Tummy time! Look how strong you are Maddie!
Teething. Hands are in your mouth ALL OF THE TIME these days!
Travel: You took your first trip Maddie. Your first plane ride from St. Louis to San Antonio (with a layover and no plane change in Dallas)- July 21, 2011 @5:30 AM. We went to see Grandma and Grandpa Gurley for a few days. We saw June, Great Grandpa John and Kay, Aunt Suzy, Uncle Odie, Sarah and Joanie while we were there as well. I got you a star charm from James Avery to commemorate your first trip. I thought it was fitting since our star visited the lone star state!
We went swimming three times in Grandma and Grandpa's pool and watched "The Wonder Pets" (our favorite show) almost every day.
The trip was pretty uneventful for the most part but boy is it challenging traveling with a baby and constantly planning ahead. Some of the not so good points were that you hated sleeping in the pack and play my parents had for you and you were teething so you were very moody.
You had your own suitcase.
Your packing list was so thorough that when friends saw it they asked for a copy! I thought of a few more things to add to it for our trip to Florida in September.
Here are some pictures from our trip...
At the St. Louis airport waiting for Daddy to park the car
Phew! We made it! On the plane waiting to push back from the gate. We had no idea you had to have your own ticket even though you didn't have a seat AND we had no idea the airport would be so packed at 4:30AM with charter flights! We made it with minutes to spare!
At Grandma and Grandpa's house playing in bed one morning.
We drove to New Braunsfels to introduce you to my biological father, Danny and his wife Diane. We had lunch at Rudy's Barbeque which was yummy. You were a little feisty. We decided to drive to Gruene after lunch and spend more time with Danny and Diane. We got a photo together which was important to me....
A nap in the pack n play. You hated this thing and we had to listen to you cry every time we put you in it. Poor thing.
Bath time in the laundry sink.
Packed up and ready to head back to St. Louis!
In the car on the way to the airport in San Antonio.
The plane leaving San Antonio was delayed one hour. You had a nap at the gate.
On the plane to St. Louis
Sleeping. You threw a couple of fits but nothing major and nothing that a little holding wouldn't fix. You did really well on 3 out of four flights and I couldn't blame you when you had just had it on the last flight. We left the house in San Antonio at 2:00 and got home at 9:30. You, my dear were a trooper!
Up and ready to play.
T.V.: You don't watch a lot of TV but we found this show by chance and you and I LOVE IT! When ever it starts a school bell rings and you stop what ever you are doing and turn around and tune in. You love "The Wonder Pets!"
This is "Tuck", "Lenny" and "Ming-Ming". We love them. I have set our TV recorder to record them and keep 10 episodes at a time so I always have new ones on hand for you (and me)! The Wonder Pets like team work and they save animals and then celebrate with celery!
Our favorite wonder pet is Ming-Ming! Daddy calls you ming-ming sometimes and we love it when you wear your yellow ducky pajamas!
Weight:
At birth: 7lbs 1 oz
2 weeks: 7 lbs 9 oz.(25th percentile)
2 months: 11.14 lbs (79th percentile)
3 months: 13.15 lbs
6 months: 19 lbs (91st percentile)
Length:
At birth: 20.25 inches
2 weeks: 19 3/4 inches (26th percentile)
Not sure how you shrunk since birth!
2 months: 22.75 inches (67th percentile)
3 months: Not sure
6 months: 27.8 (94th percentile)
6 months: 27.8 (94th percentile)
Diaper Size:
Size 3 .
Clothes Size:
3-6 months, some 6 month clothes and even a couple of 9 month outfits! Still outgrowing your sleepers like crazy!!!
Hair Color:
Hair Color:
At birth: dark brown
2 months: light brown
3 months: lighter brown
4 months: dirty blonde - so beautiful! Mommy is jealous!
6 months: Blonde
4 months: dirty blonde - so beautiful! Mommy is jealous!
6 months: Blonde
Eye color:
At birth: dark blue
2 months: blue
3 months: lighter blue4 months: the prettiest blue I have ever seen. Your Daddy says your eyes are prettier than his! Now that's something!
6 months - Blue















































No comments:
Post a Comment