Monday, April 25, 2011

Your third month.





















Dear Madelyn,

You are three months old today my little angel!  Three months and sick unfortunately.  You have a little cold.  It breaks my heart to see you cough, sneeze and sniffle.  You clearly don't feel well right now and are not yourself.  You were acting a little strange Friday.  You cried while in your car seat and were inconsolable.  You are always so easy going, I should have known something was wrong but didn't think much of it.  Friday night we took you to see your Papa and Jill.  Daddy and I were going to dinner and they watched you.  We got to their apartment and Great Grandma Shirley was there.  Daddy and I were going to feed you but Papa asked if he could and when he tried you FREAKED OUT!  I scooped you up and got you to calm down and fed you.  GG Shirley sat close and talked to you while you ate and told you that you were invited to her home in Marco anytime.  Daddy and I left for dinner and were nervous the whole time we were away.  Infact after stopping for frozen custard after dinner we wondered how you were doing and all of a sudden we both grew very nervous and Daddy stepped on the gas and we raced back to the apartment.  We walked in and were given reports that you cried most of the time we were away!  :(  GG Shirley then told us that you cried so much and so loud that she DIS-INVITED you to Marco! Madelyn!  You didn't make a very good impression!  Ha ha!  This was so unlike you.  We took you home and the next morning we realized when you woke up - you were sick!  Poor thing!  You hadn't been yourself the day before but we couldn't put our finger on what was wrong until you had a stuffy nose and a cough. 

Anyway, it's been a great third month with you sweetie.  It's great having all of your things in the house.  It's great seeing the pink everywhere.  It's unbelievable when I walk in to daycare and talk to your teacher while you sleep in the swing and you wake up when you hear my voice.  Daddy and I love to go out with you and take you for walks.  We love pointing out your new abililties to each other.  You are the center of our worlds.  We love being a family of three. 


BABY STATS:

Sleep:
You've started sleeping through the nights my dear!  Not every night but a lot of nights.  Mainly you get up once per night.  Not bad.  Daddy and I trade off nights.  I love it when you sleep through the night on my nights!  That means I get three full nights of sleep in a row!  I give you little pep talks some nights and try to convince you to sleep through the night...but only on my nights!  :)


Daily Routine:

Not much has changed in this department.  After daycare you are usually pretty tired and take a nap when you get home.  We try to get some upsie daisies in (where I pull your arms up gently from the lay down position to the sit up position to try to strengthen your neck.)  Then we do some tummy time.  Trying hard to get that neck stronger!  Of course, we fit in play time on your beloved play gyms when we can too.  Bath time is every other night, then your bottle around 7:30 or 8:00 and then bed.



























Feedings:
You've been having a little trouble in this department.  Right after you turned 2 months you started projectile vomiting.  Three times at home and two times at daycare.  You vomited your first day at daycare and I got a phone call and then last week you puked on Brigita (one of your teachers at daycare) and she had to change clothes!  I told you this wasn't the way to make friends!  Ha ha!  You've been spitting up a little bit too so the Doctor sent us to Children's Hospital to get an ultrasound of your tummy and you were fine.  A couple of weeks later you were placed on reflux medicine and I think it's been a little better.  We shall see!  You've passed up a few bottles at daycare.  I think the crying babies in your room stress you out.  Last week when I picked you up at 4:00 you hadn't eaten since 9:00 that morning!  They said you refused every bottle.  I was not a happy Mommy!  I told them they should have called me.  I think they will from now on!  You are gaining weight though so the Dr. isn't concerned.


Weight:  
3 months: 
3/18/11 - 11 lbs 14 oz
3/29/11 - 12 lbs 15 oz
4/14/11 - 13 lbs 15 oz

Length:

At birth: 20.25 inches
2 weeks: 19 3/4 inches (26th percentile) 
Not sure how you shrunk since birth!
2 months:  22.75 inches (67th percentile)
3 months: Not sure

 

Diaper Size:
Still size ones my dear.

Clothes Size:
3-6 months.  You are outgrowing your sleepers currently.  Your feet outgrow the footies first.  I went shopping yesterday for some new ones.  You're growing like a little flower!


Hair Color:
At birth: dark brown
2 months: light brown 
3 months: lighter brown 


Eye color:
At birth: dark blue
2 months: blue
3 months: lighter blue

Funniest Moment:
Mommy got a little tipsy one night and tasted your formula.  I don't know how you drink that stuff!  I told your Daddy it tasted like sweet dog food.


Milestones:
Your neck is getting stronger.
You bat at things more and more when they are in front of you.
You open your hands more.
You're starting to coo and babble more.
I like it when you let out a little laugh when you smile sometimes.
You recognize my voice when I come to daycare.

Your favorite toys:
You love your activity mat.  This is your favorite.  We change the toys all of the time and you have two different mats.  You love your changing closet!  I have placed all kinds of toys in there for you to look at and you often look around completely entertained.  Here you are after a bath in your jammies and in two pairs of your jammies!  We especially love the embroidered giraffe jammies and the kissing elephant jammies from Papa and Doe.










Firsts:

First time to daycare.
First time sucking your thumb.


I love you and so does your Daddy,
Mommy






















No comments:

Post a Comment