Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Your eleventh month.












Well my sweet little Madelyn.  As Daddy and I took your eleven month picture the other night I got choked up.  It's been such a pain in the butt to take those pictures!  In some ways I am glad to see them go but in other ways I am so sad to see them go.  It's hard to make time to get you into a white onezie that fits each month and make time for your picture, especially now that you don't want to lay in the laydown pictures or sit in your sit down pictures (as you can see in the pictures above!).  I will miss it though.  One day I will look back and wish I could be right there in your bedroom with your sweet crib and rocking chair wrestling you on the floor trying to get you to pose!  One day I will wish I could turn back time and do each one of those sessions all over again. 


Planning for your birthday party has begun and I am excited.  We are having a breakfast theme party!  It's "Breakfast at Madelyn's".  I think it will be small, mostly family and some friends but fun.  I am excited to celebrate your first year while looking forward to the next year.  It will be amazing if I don't cry.  I'm tearing up now just thinking about it.

My birthday is in two days!  You are my best gift.  It's strange how I don't really want anything this year.  I have so much having you in my life.  Christmas is in three days and I am looking forward to that too.  Our first Christmas as a family.  Daddy and I are both in the Christmas spirit and put up our very first Christmas tree this year.  It's beautiful.  You love looking at the tree and the lights.  I had the *wise* idea to let you touch a few of the ornaments the other night while waiting for Daddy to get home.  You threw one of them across the sunroom and Wilson went after it.  You thought it was funny to watch the ornament roll and roll and roll!



Here are your updates!


Teeth! 
You grew two new teeth this month buggie!  You have some large top teeth growing in!  The two center top teeth sprouted and you were definitely drooling and feeling the pains of teething but we have made it through.  You didn't really chew on that much.  The most notable times in which I knew you were teething was when you would gnaw on my shoulder or the table when we were out to eat! 

Eating! 
You have a terrific appetite sweet pea!  You aren't very picky at all for 10 months old.  So far I know you don't care for fruit bars and eggs, but that's about it.  Your favorite place is in your chair bellied up to the bar at home.  (Wilson's favorite place is underneath you because he gets A LOT of treats below you!)




Cheerios






Wearing one of Daddy's hats.





Blueberries! 







More blueberries!




Daddy was silly and fed you potstickers with chop sticks!  This was Mommy and Daddy's anniversary meal.  It was fun to take you with us for sushi!


You started holding your own bottle this month!


Sleep! 
You're a great sleeper.  You have been taking one less nap a day now for a total of two.  Your two naps are a little longer than when you were taking three naps.  You tend to cry when I lay you down at first and immediately sit up.  I try to exit the room and close the door before you see me leave which is no easy task because you are quick to sit up!  But you usually lay back down and stop crying pretty quickly.  You don't cry when you are tired.  You still take your pacifier and your lovey to bed and we press your seahorses belly to play music.  I should probably take your paci away in a month but I don't have the heart to take your paci and your bottles away at the same time so you get to keep your paci for now.  :)

You're starting to carry your lovey around.  It's so cute!






 In the car.


At Jason's Deli...the day after your ear tube surgery. 
You slept over an hour.  I LOVE these boots!


Bath time!

We moved your baths from the sink in the kitchen to your very own bathroom.  You were scared of the sound of the water at first and cried and tried clawing your way out of the tub with in the tub, but we stuck with bath time and you hear the sound of the water now as I start the bath water and your naked little body sits on my lap and you bounce up and down in excitement!  You love bathtime now, buggie!  You can splash all you want and you usually do!











Health:  Well, my little peepers.  You had your fourth or fifth ear infection.  We made countless trips to the Pediatrician.  You weren't responding to oral antibiotics so we started antibiotic injections.  It wasn't fun getting out of work, driving 25 miles to pick you up at daycare, 15 miles to the pediatrican and waiting for the Doctor multiple days but we did it.  You got to the point where you knew exactly who the nurses were and why we were there.  You would cry before they gave you the injection, knowing full well what was coming and my heart ached for you.  After the first injection the nurse left and you were so upset and cried so much and you and I just sat in that exam room and I let you cry.  I didn't try to shush you, I just let you cry because you had every right to be upset and sometimes we just need to cry.  I just held you and rocked you for a few minutes and then we packed up and headed home.  When the ear infections got so bad that you needed injections we made an appointment with an ENT at Children's Hospital and made an appointment for you to get tubes in your ears.  December 16th we got to the hospital at 5:45 AM and checked in.  We were shown to your room.  Daddy walked the halls with you before the surgery to keep your mind off of your empty stomach as you hadn't eaten since 7:00 the night before.  A nurse administered some tylenol and you got groggy pretty quickly.  I held you until the Doctor said he was ready.  I walked you as far as I could with your Daddy following behind and handed you off to the anesthesiologist.  I watched until I couldn't see you anymore and turned around to head back to wait in your room where the nurse would call once you were taken into the recovery room.  Just a few minutes later the phone rang and I packed everything up and headed to room 15.  I got there before you woke up and was able to pick you up and give you your paci as you woke up.  It was the best feeling to hold you.  You had a great nurse who complemented you and how beautiful you were.  They prepared us for how agetated you would be after waking up and how you would most likely cry.  You did neither.  You were an angel and the nurse was so impressed.  You have been doing great since the tubes were placed.
Waiting for the Doctor, again.   **Sigh**




Fun with Mommy's pill bottle...running out of things to play with.

We arrived at 5:45.  Daddy and Maddie walked the halls for a while.


 Stopping by our room to say hello.



 Acting silly.  You love to hang upside down!


 I got some medicine that made me sweepy, Mommy.


After the surgery. 


I took this picture one day when you didn't feel well and you crawled into the shower with me!  You were crying and screaming and I HAD to shower.  This day you were especially clingy.  I sat you on the floor in the bathroom with some toys.  You wouldn't play, you just cried and repeatedly crawled into the shower.  I couldn't believe it!  You did it at least three times.  You were soaked and I took this picture to send to your Daddy!  You can see how shocked I was!

Play time!



 The biggest and prettiest blue eyes of any baby I've ever seen.  People comment on them all of the time when we are out.  I love it when you play in your diaper.  You have the cutest little body!














Always remember one thing...
I love you Maddie! 

Love, Mommy

1 comment: